Health Benefits of Keto Diet
Let’s quickly touch on the health benefits of the keto diet:
- Low-Carb Diets Reduce Your Appetite
Restricting the carbs automatically reduce your appetite and calorie intake.
- Triglycerides Tend to Drop Drastically
Keto diet and Low carb diets are very effective at lowering blood triglycerides, which are fat molecules responsible for increasing your risk of heart disease.
- Increased Levels of ‘Good’ HDL Cholesterol
Keto Diets tend to be high in fat, which thus leads to an increase in blood levels of “good” HDL cholesterol.
- Reduced Blood Sugar and Insulin Levels
Reduction in carbs intake lowers the blood sugar and insulin levels which thus helps in reversal of type 2 diabetes.
- Lower Blood Pressure
Reducing carbs leads to a significant reduction in blood pressure, which thus reduce your risk of many common diseases.
- Effective Against Metabolic Syndrome
Metabolic syndrome is a serious condition which increases the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes. Symptoms for metabolic syndrome include:
- Abdominal obesity
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased fasting blood sugar levels
- High triglycerides
- Low “good” HDL cholesterol levels
A Ketogenic diet is very effective in treating all five of these symptoms.
- Improved ‘Bad’ LDL Cholesterol Levels
People who have high “bad” LDL are much more likely to have heart attacks and When you start Keto diet, the size of your “bad” LDL particles increases, which reduces their harmful effects.
- Improves health in women with PCOS
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is an endocrine disorder that causes enlarged ovaries with cysts. A Ketogenic Diet helps in reversal of PCOS.
- Therapeutic for Several Brain Disorders
Ketogenic Diets are beneficial for treating several brain disorders.
If you are curious about your health and want to reap all these benefits then start with Ketogenic Diet today!